Monday, September 05, 2011

Ready, Set, Go!



Good morning from Delhi!
I am hurrying to breakfast, then off to catch another flight to Coimboture and a 3 hour van ride down to Salem. We will finally arrive at our homebase for a few days! The LONG flight here was interesting, as I was obviously seated in the "nursery", where there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth by some small, but mighty travelers. Poor things... poor moms! I personally had a great seat and a nice seatmate, so the 15 hours was sleepless but pleasant.
Our hotel here was nice for the brief hours, but the internet "coupon" had mysteriously "ended" about the time we arrived at our rooms, so no posting last night. (We think we either weren't tipping enough rupees or the guys downstairs wanted to go to bed!)
The festival of Ganesh is this week... Hindu gods abound everywhere. I asked our taxi driver last night the name of his god during our discussion, and he asked which one .... there are millions and he personally has five. He talked about his favorite, and I asked him what his god (whose name escapes me), does for him. His reply was a very fast, "I have no idea." Lots of work to do here. :)
Love you all,
Paula

No comments: