Monday, September 26, 2011

Indian Recovery

It has been almost a week since I returned from India, and I actually miss many things about being there. Of course, I actually do not miss many other things (long, uncomfortable van rides and squatty potties!), but I always leave a part of my heart there. It feels strange to be so blessed with a soft, clean mattress and limitless drinkable water. I am tempted to ask why I have it "so good", but am reminded about the missionary who asked that question, only to sense God reply, "Who are you to decide what is good and what is not good?" Truly, the Christians that I met in India are happy, happy people... happier than many Christians I know here; myself included at times. That being said, there still remains much work to do to level the playing field regarding basic human rights.... clean water, adequate nutrition, basic education, access to simple medicines and disease prevention, and a way to earn a living. In my humble opinion, of course.
I am finally rested, and on the local time zone, but tomorrow I leave for Nashville, TN to attend the AACC conference for the rest of the week. I always look forward to filling up professionally, even though I am still trying to decide what to be when I grow up. I love to learn and grow.
Although this post is short, I hope to be continue waxing elephants from time to time, in case anyone out there is listening. I'll let you know how the conference goes!

No comments: