Wednesday, September 03, 2008

SUMMER'S END
Boo.
Birthdays, graduations, trips to the beach, pool parties, grill-outs, and otherwise lazy days all comprised the oh-so-satisfying summer of '08. Seems like only yesterday we were waiting for the pool to open and the temps to rise enough to dive in. Now we're saying goodbye to those gloriously long, hot summer days. How often I felt like young Vivi in that unforgettable scene from Divine Secrets just before the sisterhood dared to replace the summer night's sweltering heat with some wild fun. "There's not a G-- damn breeze in the entire state of Louisiana." Admittedly, I didn't look like young Vivi, but I was sure as hot, perspiringly speaking. Though we filled the summer with loads of fun, I'm not too sure how wild it was! Here are some summer snapshots. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Belinda Kendall said...

Those pictures are great! Priceless subjects! I love the three in front of the mirror! I see what takes all of your time from blogging! Certainly, worthy!

What beach were you on?

We will have to return to Sri Lanka and the beach sometime.

Love and prayers,
Belinda